New release 0.8.0
This update contains previously unreleased 0.5.1, 0.6.0, 0.7.1 versions. Applications made with the previous versions are uncompatible after this update. See the application examples and the API section of the documentation.
0.8.0 Alpha Centauri (developer-pre-alpha)
- Service registry improved.
- Selecting unsecure/secure communication channel for provided/required services automated.
- Due to the above changes: getRequiredServiceSecure method removed from the Spacelet and SpaceifyApplication API classes, and the getRequiredService method of the classes modified.
0.7.1 Alpha Centauri (developer-pre-alpha)
- Containers migrated to use Ubuntu 16.04 and Node.js 6.2.2
- Initial remote operation capabilities.
- Support for native applications.
- Multiple services can now have the same service name.
- Develop mode installation of spacelets and sanboxed applications for easy debugging.
- Many bug fixes and improvements to spm, applicationmanager, core, http server and connection and rpc classes.
0.6.0 Alpha Centauri (developer-pre-alpha)
- Added support for Raspberry Pi 3 / Raspbian Jessie.
- Running Spaceify on Ubuntu requires version 16.04.
- Spaceify requires systemd to work.
- Migrated to Node.js 6.2.2.
- Short URLs for the forthcoming remote operating system.
- Spaceifys installation asks to input a name for the edge node. The name is used in the remote operating system.
- Spaceifys installation asks now to confirm the password created for the edges administrator.
- New appstore_description field added to the spaceify.manifest. The field is mandatory.
- New event listener system added for application and spacelet related events.
- Fixes and improvements to found issues in core, application manager, webserver and spm.
0.5.1 Alpha Centauri (developer-pre-alpha)
- Docker image support for different distributions.
Update Spaceify with
apt-get update && apt-get install spaceify